Sunday, September 25, 2011

nanny's 93!

My Nanny turned 93 this weekend! 93! She just retired last year for the second time.  She worked at Hall Towers for many years doing "activity time" and "feeding the old people", though she was probably 20 years older than most of them AND still has a drivers license!  She had 8 children, 3 of which are already in heaven.  She has so many grandchildren and great grandchildren I'm not even willing to sit here and try to count them up.  She has lived through 2 world wars, the great depression and started doing online banking before I did!  She is the perfect mixture of strong, outspoken, and sweet.  I adore her and am proud to call her my grandmother. I pray I get to keep her for several more years.
Today my cousins girlfriend Ashley made a huge dinner for everyone.  It was yummy.  Nanny got a cherry cheesecake.  We all decided 93 candles would probably result in the fire department joining the festivities, so she only got one.

daddy

My uncle Glenn's attempt to take a picture of the girls, upside down under his legs.
It was a good day.

Minnde's birthday was the 20th.  It stinks when you have to work on your birthday, so I made her and her co-workers mini cupcake jars and surprised her at work.



they are fun, cute and tasty
and topped with a pretzel M&M
she liked them

No comments:

Post a Comment