Sunday, January 22, 2012

the ramble

this makes me smile


have you read the Hunger Games series?
if not, you should!



i for one like cable, but these direct tv commercials are comical.
maybe because i have a feeling i will have a grandson with a dog collar.

anyway. Presley and Miley have a new thrill, they stick out their tongues and touch each others tongue. similar to a kiss i guess. weirdos. they were doing this in the tub the other night and i tried to catch it but instead i got a fine example of Mileys temper.



i have had one of those weeks where i feel persecuted from multiple angles.  i have been reminded how much words can hurt.  how you cant take those words back once they have been spit out.  there was a time when i would have been very quick to spit back. thankfully after the anger stage i heard the Holy Spirit clear his throat and whisper this...

I am the True Vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  You are already clean because of the words I have spoken to you.  remain in Me and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the Vine. neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me...this is to my Fathers glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.   John 15

so i am choosing to focus on the things above and allowing God to handle the rest.  satan always beefs up his game when you are threatening him...maybe that means im doing something right.



1 comment: